Political Spectrum AssignmentMay 17, 2011
You are going to take a quiz to determine where you stand on the political spectrum.
If you do not understand what a question is asking, open a new tab and search for information to help you understand. If you still do not understand, ask the teacher to clarify.
Answer each question honestly as to your own belief about the issue.
Go to the website: http://www.politicalcompass.org/test to begin the test. When you are done, answer the following question:
1. Where do you fall on the political spectrum? (Example: Left Libertarian)
2. What does it mean to have this spectrum result?
3. Who else has politics similar to you according to the quiz? (Example: Hitler)
4. Conduct a Google search to learn about this person who has similar beliefs and answer these questions:
a. What is this person known for (leader of a country, a religion, etc.)?
b. What are 5 words you would use to describe this person?
c. Can you find examples of their beliefs/behaviors that support where they fall on the political spectrum?
d. Do you believe you really are like this person? Why or why not?
5. Were you surprised by your spectrum result? Why or why not?
6. Do you wish that you had a different spectrum result? Why or why not?
7. Is there a person that you would rather be similar to (other than the one from #3)? Why?
When you finish – take the political compass quiz at http://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/political-spectrum-quiz.html and see if you have different or similar results!